Wednesday, January 27, 2010

Dos & Don'ts - Part I


Although us restaurant workers are experts at keeping our cool... there are always some customers that we really don't think are "always right".

To those special individuals,

1- Please bear in mind that we're people too.
2- The reason your steak looks pink is because you ordered it rare.
2bis- The reason your steak tastes like rubber is because you ordered it well-done.
3- There's no such thing as coffee being too hot. If you think there is, you should have ordered it iced.
4- Your chihuahua is not a welcomed diner.
5- Neither are your kids if they think running the NY marathon through the restaurant is an appropriate thing to do.
6- That's my pen. You'd be so kind as to leave it that way.
7- I'm happy it's your birthday. I'm in no way happy about singing it to you.

Love,
Bitter party of one.

(Check out more ways to grind your server's gears HERE!)

If you can come up with some restaurant faux-pas... please share!

(www.bradfitzpatrick.com)

3 comments:

  1. The thing with the pens... You know, I'm really particular about a pen. It must be a black pilot g-2, 07. This means I will follow around staff members that try to steal my pens and become irate when someone steals the pen I've given them to sign a check or receipt and THEN has the audacity to leave me a crappy bic pen in it's place. This is not a replacement and frankly, so very cheap and rude.
    You could also add: coming into a busy restaurant on a friday or saturday and being appalled at a 20 minute wait. 20 minutes is NOTHING!

    ReplyDelete